You have no items in your shopping cart.
It does not require any electricity or any artificial energy and therefore no
Mitticool is a natural refrigerator made entirely from clay to store the
vegetables and fruits and also for cooling water can be used to store drinking
water as well as keeping vegetables, fruits etc.
It provides naturally coolness to the stored material without requiring any
electricity or any other artificial form of energy.
Fruits, vegetables and can be stored fresh without deteriorating the quality
for 5 to 7 days.
Better preserves the original taste of the fruits and vegetables.
Very good alternative for the rural people who cannot afford the conventional
The minimum temperature attained by this mitticool fridge is 20 Degrees/ ten
degrees less than the temperature outside it. There is not much change in
temperature noticed with the change in seasons.
We use terracotta for making this fridge which is baked at 1200 degrees. For
providing the strength.
It does not require any maintenance and small size adds more portability to it.
How it works?
The upper portion of the refrigerator can store about 10 liters of water, while
the lower cabinet has separate spaces for storing fruits, vegetables.
Through the bottom layer of the upper chamber, small droplets of water
continuously percolate below, which keep the Inner climate moist. Water
evaporates through side walls reducing the inside temperature and Thereby
providing the desired cooling effect.
Mitticool gives higher cooling effect in dry. Climate as compared to humid
climate. If required some water can be filled in the lowest section to increase the
overall cooling effect.
How to use?
1) Before starting to use the fridge, fill the top water tank with water and empty it
after 12 hours so that the clay gets use to water.
2) Up to first 3 months ofuse; only fill in 1 liter of water in the tank so that it does
not lick to the lower chamber due to high porosity.
3) After 3 months, you can slowly increase the volume of water in the tank up to
4) It is suggested to put a tray below the fridge so that the water which licks
Due to porosity won’t dirty your flooring.
5) You can store up to 5 Kg. of fruits and vegetables in the lower chamber which
Will remain fresh up to 5-7 days.
6) You can use soft sponge or similar material to clean the refrigerator.
7) It is advisable to store clean water for better results.
8) The inner temperature goes down by 10-15 compared to the room temperature
To give you a unique experience of natural and hygienic food.
9) The original nutrients are preserved and also it does not emit any carbon gases
Those are harmful to health and environment.
Write Your Own Review